Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First Post

Hello,

Thanks for coming across my blog!  I've never blogged before, but I hope to create a great archive of my favorite discoveries...  I will be posting my findings related to Music, Math, and Martial Arts.

I've been playing music all my life.  Started learning piano at the age of 4 from my mother, who is a piano teacher in Tega Cay, South Carolina.  I had listened to my father play various styles of guitar all my life as well, and when he got me a Fender Squire electric in high school, I started to learn every scale, chord, and "lick" I could wrap my head around.  My father also has a few guitar students in Tega Cay.  Now I am always striving to learn new technique and styles.  I used to perform in a band called Juniper Spring playing piano and singing.  We would cover songs from Phish, Talking Heads, The Beatles, the Grateful Dead, and many more...

I've had a lifelong interest in mathematics, and am always looking for new areas of research to discover and learn new, amazing truths.  My main interests are numerical analysis, number theory, and mathematical applications to physics.  I received my degree, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, from the University of Florida in 2008.

By far, martial arts is my favorite sport and activity.  Very few practices help you gain such incredible levels of physical fitness, self discipline, and medidation.  I have obtained second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do (or Tang Soo Do), and have also spent years studying other styles including Shotokan and Wado Ryu.  I am always eager to learn new techniques and styles from any source possible.

So this blog will be my outlet for anything I come across as I continue my education and discoveries in these fields. 

Thanks for reading!  I hope to start posting very soon...

1 comment:

  1. I bet you even have a Math degree from a prestigious university (medidation??)!

    My son the surprise
    Has pi in his eyes
    The Love of the Lord
    And a life of a Chord

    It could be much worse
    If he was born first
    And taking up space
    With pie on his face (not that there's anything wrong with that)

    Love Dad (how'd you learn to play guitar again?0

    ReplyDelete